The Assegai is Maxxis' new Enduro and DH MTB tire, designed by Greg Minaar, and combining the best of Minion DHF, High Roller II and DHR. The tire equips Team Enduro Santa Cruz. It is also the choice of Damien Oton of the Unior Devinci Factory Racing team.
This version with the EXO + Protection casing and 3C Maxx Terra rubber is an excellent choice for Enduro MTB practice.
New reinforced Exo + Protection casing
The Exo + Protection protection is ideal for E-MTBs and muscular mountain bikes equipped with Plus tires for All Mountain and Enduro MTB practices.
The new Exo + Protection casing fits between the existing Maxxis EXO Protection and Double Down casings in terms of weight and level of puncture resistance.
Aggressive crampons inspired by the Maxxis Minion and High Roller II
• The tread is mainly inspired by the Minion, mixing the characteristics of the Minion DHF with the more rolling aspects of the DHR II.
• A row of additional studs between the tread and the side ramp, to make the transition between the center band and the side ramp smoother and more predictable, and to maintain traction when cornering.
• The side crampon ramp comes from the High Roller II.
• All with a crampon height similar to the Shorty.
Maxxis Assegai EXO + 3C Maxx Terra MTB Tire
• Triple Component 3C Maxx Terra rubber: intermediate rubber, used on the top of the range Enduro / Freeride, softer, which offers better traction than the Maxx Speed mix, but also more durability and less rolling resistance than the Maxx mix Grip.
• EXO + Protection reinforced casing: combination of Silkshield and EXO Protection anti-puncture reinforcements. Compared to EXO Protection, EXO + Protection improves puncture resistance at the tread by 27%, sidewall durability by 51% and pinch resistance by 28%.
• Wide Trail (WT), the carcass of this tire is optimized for rims with an internal width of 30 to 35mm. However, there is no contraindication to fitting it on rims of different sizes.
• Tubeless Ready casing.