The design of the tire was "open" for more "autonomy" of each crampon, more evacuation of the mud.
The side crampons have also been shifted to ensure that one out of two crampons is always in contact with the ground when the tire is "at the limit".
This new tire inaugurates a mixture of 3 different gums called Tritec.
The central crampons are spaced apart to ensure easier breaking.
Tritec Gum (TT):
The three tires used in the concept called "TriTec" bring traction, support and durability.
To do this, the three gums are not used uniformly throughout the design of the tire.
A dense first layer ensures a common base and climbs slightly in the crampons to avoid excessive deformation in the supports.
A second layer, intermediate, is positioned at the top of the center crampons to ensure durability and pedaling performance.
Finally, a third density of rubber is reserved for the lateral crampons for a maximum of grip, while limiting the effects of rebound.
Slash Guard (SG): Nylon insert that protects the sidewalls, without weighing down the tire.
- TCS Tough: Reinforced double-ply tires ideal for engaged applications.
- TCS Light: The lightest tires in the range.
- High grip: version with the softest gums offering maximum grip.
- Fast rolling: ideal version for people seeking a durable tire over time.
- TCS: tubeless tires ready.